The Center of the Storm

My mom is in failing health and many of my days are spend caring her for her and my dad and ministering to their needs. Sometimes it feels like too much. Sometimes it feels like I can’t do it another day, go to another appointment, or make another trip to their house.


There are days when seeing her deteriorating condition is very discouraging and downright depressing for me. It is in these times that I have to remind myself where I am to look when I am feeling discouraged or dismayed.


The Bible gives us the obvious answer: we must look to the One whose promises are sure, whose power is unsurpassed, whose wisdom is eternal, and whose love is infinite. Whether we look to the provision of our heavenly Father, the Person of our Savior Jesus Christ, or the promises of Holy Scripture the point remains, hope is found in God alone.


After all, Jesus Christ is God the Son, God in human flesh. And Holy Scripture is God's book, written by the Holy Spirit (cf. 2 Peter 1:21).


There are times when we are being "sifted like wheat," and there are times when we are called upon to reveal Christ in us to other people. All these days are to be lived with the Lord's intention in mind. There is always more at stake than whatever makes up our trials and adversities. What is at stake is the proof that our faith will not fail.


When you are in the thick of it, remember that Christ is praying for you, and your faith will not fail. It will strengthen and hold. And Christ will make it possible for you to strengthen other believers because of your experience. That's what I truly believe.


I was talking with a friend the other day, and sharing my story with her. I am thankful I had the experiences I have had in life, because I believe others are emboldened by this walk of faith God has had me on. I believe that each experience we have brings us closer to Christ, and my prayer is that you will cling to Christ! I pray you stay so helpless and dependent on Him that you attempt nothing in your own strength. He has promised to show you the plan He intends, but the main priority is to cling to Him.


I've added some excerpts from one more passage I'm praying for you today:

Psalm 46 --

God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, Even though the earth be removed, And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though its waters roar and be troubled, Though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah

The LORD of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah
Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! The LORD of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah


I pray that you find Christ to be a refuge in the center of the storm. Continue to draw near to Him and just pour it all out to Him. He is a very present help in time of trouble.