We Do Not Grieve...

Dear Reading Friends,
I am taking a break today from posting a blog as it is the day we lay my mom's remains to rest in the cold Wisconsin soil.

So many of you have wished me well, send cards and notes and most of all prayed for me that I would be remiss not to thank you.

I am going along through all this by the grace of God alone. I have complete confidence that my wonderful mom is with the Lord as I write this and has been for one week already! Her eternity began last Tuesday and she has begun the wonderful journey of knowing Him fully and completely. I do rejoice in that fact and it has made all the difference in how I have approached these past few days of the funeral service and memorials and such.

I was privileged to read 1 Thess 4 at the service yesterday. It has been what has gotten me through this past week and I pray to God that it will minister to your heart and soul as well.

But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.


Labels: ,