Biblical Decision Making- Part III

As I continue to seek the will of God in my situation I am reminded that I must be very cautious. I must be wise and careful not to make the decision my god.

Idolatry is an extremely easy sin to fall into, and if I am not keeping my mind fixed on things above I will begin to worship the thing that I want. It is only natural that this happens because when it is all I think about, and all I desire I remove Jesus Christ from the throne of my heart and replace Him with whatever I am worshiping. Ironically, in this case I would be worshiping wanting to be in ministry rather than worshiping the One who I serve through ministry. 

This could happen if I try and spiritualize my desires and stop taking my lead from the Spirit of God. Should I wrestle control of this situation away from Him by my own impatience or self-will I can be assured I will create a disaster. God will frustrate my plans because I will have acted in pride, thinking and believing I have a better plan than the one He has for me and for this ministry. I will have stomped on His sovereignty- at least in my own mind.

In reality, whatever He ordains will come to pass. He does not need me to do anything! The thought that He would even choose to use me for any service to His people should bring me low in humility, and remind me of my place in the divine plan He has for me and for the counseling center.

Keeping in mind...

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:6-7 (NASB)

I must delight myself in the Lord no matter what the decision is. If His answer is "wait" I must wait. In the meantime, I will continue to lay the foundations for the future. I will continue to glorify God by my work ethics each day, I will be thankful in my circumstances knowing that God has me here for a purpose and it is a part of His plan.