Prayers for Dismal Days

On dark, rainy, dismal days the temptation is to be like the weather. When I know I am headed in that direction I begin to pray that God would help me to glorify Him in my words and actions. I pray that I would speak kindly to my husband and family and those I come in contact with throughout the day.

In those times I know complete dependence upon Him. I long for conversation with the Lord. I am anxious to hear His voice in the wilderness in which I find myself.  I want to hear His truth and walk in His way. I want Him to know He truly is my life and my all.

As I begin to meet my daily obligations I pray He will help me to keep my focus on Him. I ask Him to help me not to fear or fret. Help me to trust in You, my Rock and my Salvation!

If my plans for the day do not pan out I trust God has the answer, He has the plan. There are times on these wilderness journeys that it is as though we are in the position of mining out His will. It does not appear obvious, it appears shrouded and obscure and obtuse. It is hidden behind the clouds. We hunt and peck away at different things seeking if we are to open Door #1, Door #2, Door #3.

Obviously I am struggling more with the potential realities of life's situations on those days than at other times. I listen to sermons, do my work out and fulfill my daily responsibilities. Even though I struggle doing it.

 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not of ourselves; we are afflicted in every (many) way; but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken' struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying about the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may be manifested in you. 2 Corinthians 4:7

Therefore, since Christ suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same purpose, because he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, so as to life the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.1 Peter 4:1

The Word of God is helpful to my soul. It is balm to my heart and mind. I love its riches and completeness. It ministers to me as only God could.

No, my trials are not the end of the world, but they are sometimes life changing and affect more than only me. That is the hurtful part, as we see our difficulties affecting our kids and our friends who care so deeply about us to shed tears on our behalf.

I continue to call out to You, oh Lord.