Covenant

Do not urge me to leave you or turn back from following you; for where you go, I will go, and where you lodge, I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God, my God. “Where you die, I will die, and there I will be buried. Thus may the LORD do to me, and worse, if anything but death parts you and me.” Ruth 1:16-17 (NASB)


In just a few hours we are headed for Denver where I will speak at the IABC National Conference. These are always exciting and fun times for me, but this year holds a special treat for me.  Several of those who have graduated our Track Training Program are coming to the conference this year, that is a great blessing for us. I know they will be enriched and challenged by the teaching they hear.

The most exciting thing for me is that my husband and I plan to stand on a mountain top and renew our marriage covenant in the presence of God. We celebrated our 20th anniversary in February and that is certainly no time to be standing on top of a mountain in the Rockies!

We are at a much different place now in so many respects than we were when we married; our children are grown and we are essentially empty nesters. We have weathered many, many storms together over these years, and have had such a wonderful relationship...we decided that we would re-covenant ourselves to one another now rather than waiting until our 25th anniversary as so many couples do.

Marriage is a covenant made between a man and a woman with God. Both people commit to an unbreakable and unshakable union before God. It reinforces that marriage is not a contract or an agreement but it is the literal joining together of two individuals who become one. We are one, I am blessed.