God Equips the Called


Years ago I understood the call of God on my life. It came through my husband who recognized my passion for the Truth and my ability to communicate that truth effectively to others. This was not something I sought, but something I knew was there. The Spirit of God was working and I began to understand that God laid hold of my heart and gave me a mission to women. I distinctly remember sitting on the steps in my home praying, asking God if what I suspected was true.

I did not choose this, I was chosen for it and that is why in spite of many obstacles I persevere in counseling biblically. I have tried to walk away before, and have been miserable within. My wonderful husband has dared me in those times by saying, "Just try not to teach, Jul."

“I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me” (Philippians 3:12).

At the root of my ministry is the gospel and its application to every life I am able to touch. I could not imagine doing anything else nor do I truly want to. I deeply, deeply desire to impact the hearts and lives of women and their families through the message of hope and change that is found only in Jesus Christ.

There are times I am frustrated with God's timetable and the demands placed upon me by circumstances, but I have only to look at the examples set before me in the Word to see how my heroes of the faith juggled their responsibilities and wove their ministries into everyday life.

I find myself in the grip of God. His call and ownership of my life are paramount and He is the Son around which I orbit and order my life.

Does your heart beat with mine in this respect? If so, you may be called to a life of service to the King. Stop and pray, seek His face, examine your heart, and get wise counsel. Then, if all you suspect is true really is true- move forward in faith.  There is nothing so glorious like living your life for the sake of others.

“Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do  I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 3:13–14).

I have not arrived, I am not perfected... I am a work in progress.  The Lord equips me to continue to grow and change with each trial and difficulty He allows in my life.  By His grace and in His steps I remain His servant.