Being Transparent


Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Romans 8:1

People often ask me if I am afraid to post my life for the world to read. I suppose there is a risk, but my thoughts are that there is value for other women in seeing God at work in the life of another person. We all are curious about how other women handle the issues of life, relationships, and sin issues. Many are too fearful to confess that they still struggle with sin, as though there is some expectation of perfection.

Sadly, I find this expectation to be present among some of my fellow Christians. It has been said that Christians are the only army in the world that shoots its own soldiers. We routinely hold each other to ridiculous personal standards that have nothing to do with violation of Scripture. They are simply things that we ascribe to, and sometimes we begin to force our preferences on others.

I freely (though not proudly) admit that I am still in process and admit that I still have struggles with various sin issues. While I am positionally sanctified and seated in the heavenlies, (Eph 1) I am in the practical sense in the midst of progressive sanctification. I describe this as being less and less who I once was (living in my old nature) and becoming more and more like Christ. (Eph 4:22-24) This is indeed an act of His grace.

I suppose in posting my weaknesses and failures there is a risk that some will find fault with me or judge me for doing so. It is frankly a risk I am willing to take. In the past I was subjected to some very heavy scrutiny and it only served to add to the richness of my understanding of God’s grace and sovereignty.

The Word of God tells us that when we are in Christ, when His life is a part of us and we are hidden in Him there is no longer any condemnation that remains for our sin. This means we are no longer subject to penalty or judgment by God for the sin of our past, the sin of today, and even for the sins of tomorrow. He is sufficient and has already atoned for all my sin. This decision was made by the Godhead in eternity past and enacted at the cross. When I responded to the call of God through the Holy Spirit this transaction was completed. I was ransomed, declared “not guilty” and the condemnation for my sin was atoned for by the Lord Jesus Christ.

What joy and freedom there is in knowing that because of my position in Christ I will never hear any other words from my heavenly Father other than “Well done my good and faithful servant.” The freedom is freedom from fear as well as freedom from condemnation, and joy is the overflowing result!