You Can't Do It Alone

I was watching a video yesterday that depicted the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. At the end of the video was this verse: … “and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf.” 2 Corinthians 5:15

What an incredible challenge on a daily basis. I have to stop living for myself- It sounds so easy, just surrender everything! Stop living for self completely, in total, stop loving self, stop living for this world and its pleasures and treasures and abandon all hope of glory on this earth and make Jesus the primary focus of life. This means I no longer can follow my own desires, live by my own rules, have my own way, ever. How oh Lord am I going to do that?

“And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.” 2 Corinthians 12:9

Don’t you find that when you try to live for Him you fail the most? You wake up all full of determination that you are going to do it this time and you last until breakfast is over. God never intended for us to “do it” on our own. He has ensured that whatever works we bring to the table are worthless! What glorifies Him is what is done through Him and the power of the Holy Spirit.

It is not a matter of what can do; it is what He has already done for me. 
“…Christ in you, the hope of glory. Colossians 1:27

“(Jesus) who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself.” Philippians 3:21

Rejoice in that He suffered the loss of purity and sinlessness on our behalf, that He might present us to God the Father spotless, pure, holy….sanctified.