One Port In A Storm

Peter said to Him, “Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water.” And He said, “Come!” And Peter got out of the boat, and walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But seeing the wind, he became frightened, and beginning to sink, he cried out, “Lord, save me Immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and took hold of him, and said* to him, “You of little faith, why did you doubt?” Matthew 14:28-31

Are you ever so overwhelmed by circumstances that you are nearly paralyzed? I have occasionally found myself there over these last weeks and months. Each time I take my eyes off of Jesus and focus on what is happening in my life, I start to go under from the turmoil in life.

It may resonate with you when I say it is initially so much easier to try and fix things myself than to rely on God when the going is difficult.

This passage is a great reminder to keep our eyes and heart focused on Christ. Peter learned very quickly that he could continue to defy the odds and truly walk on water in the midst of the storm as long as he kept his eyes locked on Christ. We can do the very same thing even in the midst of great storms with trials that want to swamp the boat.

Jesus Christ is our only hope, He is our only "port" in the storms of life. We must keep our eyes fixed on Him, He is our refuge and strength and an ever present help in time of need.

How do you make this practical? Fill your mind with the Word, immerse yourself in the Psalms, pray without ceasing, be thankful for all the Lord is allowing to take place. Rejoice, He is sovereign and in control!